Newborns through 8 months
You might be wondering what your newborn could possibly take away from a music class and how old they have to be before they can benefit. At Music Together®, we know it's never too early to get babies started in class! Your little one is a natural-born music-maker, ready to start learning music at birth.
As in everything, you are your baby's first and best teacher. But don't get nervous! When you sing in the car and dance in the living room, you're showing your baby how to make music and that making music is important to your family. That's all your baby needs from you—musically, at least! (Food, clothing, and shelter are useful, too.)
In the Music Together Babies class, for infants from birth through 8 months, you'll learn a lot of fun musical activities for babies. You'll also learn to recognize which of your baby's behaviors are musical so that you can support their development at the time when your baby's brain is at its most receptive.
The Babies class has other benefits, too! Singing and dancing with your baby is a beautiful way for the two of you to bond. And making music with other parents of newborns is a great way to make new friends in your community who are as sleep deprived as you!
Your Babies semester includes:
- Weekly 45-minute classes teaching a new song collection every session. Fall, winter and spring sessions are 10-12 weeks, summer session is 6-8 weeks depending on location.
- One (1) CD each semester with the songs, rhythm chants, "play-alongs," tonal and rhythm patterns used in class.
- Digital Download Code to access the songs via the "Hello Everybody" app
- BRAND NEW songbook illustrated by award-winning artist Jamie Kim.
- Parent education resources and online resources.
- A special "Babies Only" guide, as well as the Music and Your Child: A Guide for Parents and Caregivers book.