- make up their own drumming patterns
- invent new ways to play rhythm instruments (shakers, sticks, etc)
- create movement ideas for songs
- even take a drum solo!
Rhythm Kids Level 1 carries on the Music Together® vision to help children complete the pathway of early childhood music development
from birth through age 8.
Classes are for preschoolers ages 4-5 and include:
- 10 weekly, 45 minute classes
- Animal Collection Songbook and 2 CDs each semester
- Access to online drum-play videos and other material.
- Explore the world of rhythm through movement, instrument play, and song.
- Develop basic rhythm skills like: keeping beat, improvising, ensemble play, and soloing.
- Learn to create, cooperate and express themselves musically
Drums will be provided for the class each week, but if you'd like your child to have a drum to play with at home (and then continue to use in Level 2 classes!) please ask your teacher about the special discounts on djembe drums that are available to Music Together families.
Rhythm Kids - Level 1 Class Schedule