This special Music Together Vivo! class immerses your family in a rich music making environment where Italian language and folk songs weave together with the current Music Together Mixed Ages collection to create a culturally diverse, musically delightful experience.
Taught by Rita Morandi, children ages birth through 5 years absorb, play, and grow with songs, rhythmic rhymes and activities from around the world with an emphasis on Italian language and culture. Using the same developmentally appropriate, research based teaching methodology that sets Music Together apart, Music Together in Italian will support your child on their path to become a joyful music maker!
Each semester includes:
- Weekly 45-minute classes teaching a new song collection every session. Fall, winter and spring sessions are generally 10 weeks long. Summer sessions, if offered, are 6-8 weeks depending on location.
- One (1) new CD each semester with the songs, rhythm chants, "play-alongs," tonal and rhythm patterns used in class for 3 full years of new music! CDs include song selections in Italian as well as in English.
- Spiral-bound copy of all songs translated into Italian
- BRAND NEW songbook illustrated by award-winning artist Jamie Kim.
- Parent education resources and the Family Music Zone online.
- New families receive a copy of the book Music and Your Child: A Guide for Parents and Caregivers.
Music Together in Italian Classes will be held at:
The Italian Cultural Society of Washington D.C.
4833 Rugby Ave., Suite. 201