Nativity Lutheran Church: Fellowship Hall (location map
Saturday, 11:15 AM - 12:00 PM
09/07/19 - 11/23/19 (12 weeks)
Rhythm Kids by Music Together follows through on the Music Together® vision to help children complete the pathway of early childhood music development from birth through age 8. As part of the Rhythm Kids experience, children and their grownups can enjoy drumming play and practice sessions at home with the help of online play-along videos featuring Rhythm Kids creator Tom Foote.
Rhythm Kids Classes are for children ages 4 - 8 and include:
- Weekly 45 minute classes. Fall, winter and spring sessions are generally 10 - 12 weeks.
- Animal Collection Songbook and CDs (2 copies) each semester
- Access to online video tutorials and play-alongs
Rhythm Kids will:
- Learn, create, discover and explore music, movement and drumming
- Explore traditional drumming patterns through animal names and movements
- Experience drumming, song and dance from around the world
- Find new ways to connect mind, body and voice through rhythm
- Develop skill in improvising, soloing, conducting, and composition
- Participate in active musical games that are both enriching and totally fun!
Drums are provided for class. It is highly recommended that students have a djembe to practice with at home. Watch for details about the right style and size during the first week of classes.
Check out this Rhythm Kids video for a glimpse into this engaging program!