Nativity Lutheran Church (location map
Tuesday, 9:30 AM - 10:15 AM
06/19/18 - 07/24/18 (6 weeks)
This is the classic Music Together® class, one that a child can attend from birth through age five—and through all nine song collections. This basic class follows the recommendations of child development researchers, grouping children of a variety of ages in one class. This approach fosters natural, family-style learning where younger children enjoy watching and imitating older children, older children learn by leading the younger crowd, and adults are happy because the children in the family can go to class together.
Each child participates at his or her own developmental level in singing, moving, chanting, listening, observing, or exploring musical instruments. We welcome the whole family to join in this important family music experience, and any caregiver—parents, grandparents, nanny—can bring the child(ren) to class.
Each semester includes:
- Weekly 45-minute classes teaching a new song collection every session. Fall, winter and spring sessions are generally 10 weeks, summer session is 6-8 weeks depending on location.
- One (1) CD each semester with the songs, rhythm chants, "play-alongs," tonal and rhythm patterns used in class for 3 full years of new music!
- BRAND NEW songbook illustrated by award-winning artist Jaime Kim.
- Parent education resources and the Family Music Zone online.
- New families receive the book Music and Your Child: A Guide for Parents and Caregivers.
To see a mixed age class in action, check out this wonderful video on the Music Together WorldWide YouTube page.