This is the classic Music Together® class, one that a child can attend from birth through age five—and through all nine song collections. Each week in Music Together Mixed-Age Classes at Music Together Vivo, babies, toddlers, preschoolers, and the grownups who love them gather for 45 minutes of fun-filled family music time. Your teacher will lead you and the other families in music activities ranging from lullabies to full-on jam sessions (with child-friendly instruments, of course). It’s so much fun you won’t realize how much learning is taking place!
You’ll take home the award-winning music used in class, along with an illustrated songbook and other resources. As you discover new ways to play with music all week long, you’ll be supporting your child’s music-learning and overall development---even if you don’t think of yourself as a great singer or dancer.
Each semester includes:
- Weekly 45-minute classes teaching a new song collection every session. Fall, winter and spring sessions are 10-12 weeks, summer session is 6-8 weeks depending on location.
- One (1) CD each semester with the songs, rhythm chants, "play-alongs," tonal and rhythm patterns used in class.
- BRAND NEW songbook illustrated by award-winning artist Jamie Kim.
- Parent education resources and online resources.
- New families receive the Music and Your Child: A Guide for Parents and Caregivers book.
Why Mixed Ages?
Child development researchers discovered that grouping children of different ages in one class encourages natural, family-style learning, so Music Together developed the Mixed-Age Music Class. In this class, everyone participates at their own levels: babies vocalize, listen, and observe; toddlers play and experiment; and preschoolers build confidence as they emerge as classroom leaders. Grownups are happy because everyone can come to class together.
“My husband teases me because whenever I mention Music Together to anyone, he always pipes up my next line which is 'best money we ever spent.' I truly mean it. Kudos to Ken and Lili for a program that outshines any other I have seen around.” —Kim, Princeton, NJ
Try a Mixed-Ages Music Class for free!
You are welcome to join us for a free trial class at any time. Please use our online Demo Scheduler or contact us so we can help you arrange your visit.
Mixed Ages Class Schedule: