Rhythm Kids is an exciting music, movement, and drumming class for children ages 4 through 8
Rhythm Kids follows through on the Music Together® vision to help children complete the pathway of early childhood music development from birth through age 8. As part of the Rhythm Kids experience, children and their grownups can enjoy drumming play and practice sessions at home with the help of online play-along videos featuring Rhythm Kids creator Tom Foote.
Rhythm Kids Level 1 Classes are for children ages 4 - 8 and include:
• 10 weekly, 45-minute classes
• Animal Collection Songbook and CDs (2 copies) each semester
• Access to online video tutorials and play-alongs
• Learn, create, discover and explore music, movement and drumming
• Explore traditional drumming patterns through animal names and movements
• Experience drumming, song, and dance from around the world
• Find new ways to connect mind, body, and voice through rhythm
• Develop skill in improvising, soloing, conducting, composition, and improvisation
• Participate in active musical games that are both enriching and totally fun!
Drums are provided for class. It is highly recommended that students have a Djembe to practice at home. Watch for details about the right style and size during the first week of classes.